There has been a lot of talk about the Motability scheme recently, such as a BBC News report outlining how government figures suggests that more people are on the scheme now than in 2010.
Are you yet to get on board the Motability scheme? So long as you are eligible (simply find out if you are here), you will be able to exchange your higher rate mobility allowance for a brand-new car and begin to enjoy worry-free motoring. That’s not all though — here’s a look at even more benefits that you will receive by being on the scheme:
A new car every 3 years
That’s right, you never need to go any longer than three years without getting the keys to a brand-new vehicle. This is especially useful if your circumstances change, depending on whether you need a family friendly car or a nippy city car.
There’s so many different types of cars for you to choose from too — just be sure to work through our Motability car buying checklist to ensure you always get the set of wheels that’s perfect for you and your needs.
Annual car tax
Wave goodbye to those brown envelopes which drop through your letterbox every few months that remind you that your car tax is due — annual car tax is included with every vehicle on the Motability scheme.
It’s only natural that some parts of your car will suffer from wear and tear as you or your nominated driver begin to use their vehicle more and more. Therefore, receive peace of mind that both window and windscreen repair and replacement procedures are part of the Motability scheme, as are replacement tyres. In fact, you will only ever need to pay for repairs when they aren’t covered as part of the general wear and tear parameters set out in your Insurance Cover Booklet. Even then, your dealer will check with Motability before carrying out any additional work and you may even have the opportunity to claim for the extra cost through RSA Motability.
Adaptations that do not add anything to the charge of the scheme
Just take a look at our Motability Adaptations Guide and you will see that there are so many modifications that can be fitted to your car to make it better suited to your requirements.
What’s more, a lot of these adaptations can be installed onto your vehicle at no extra cost. You can keep up to date with the latest prices, though take note that both the product range and prices can change every few months.
Car insurance cover courtesy of RSA Motability
You read that last heading right; RSA Motability has arranged to provide insurance protection for every car that is leased through the Motability scheme.
It’s a generous insurance policy that you’ll receive, with all of the following covered:
- Loss of your car.
- Damage to your car.
- Accidental damage.
- Fire or theft damage.
- Repair or replacement glass.
- Any in-car equipment that is permanently fitted to your car as standard.
- Any in-car equipment that is supplied with the car as standard.
- Any adaptations which are required and have been agreed to, which RSA Motability have also been informed about.
- Any modifications which are required and have been agreed to, which RSA Motability have also been informed about.
- Any accessories or tools which have been supplied with the car.
- Replacement locks, in situations where keys have been stolen and the theft has then been reported to the police.
- Situations where the car is driven for voluntary or charitable work, so long as no fixed regular payment is received by the associated organisation.
- Travel to and from the driver’s or car user’s normal place of work.
- Personal accident cover up to a limit of £5,000 per person for both the driver and any passengers.
- The assurance that the car can be taken abroad within the European Union, as well as to Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland free of charge for up to 90 days within any 12-month period.
Servicing & maintenance
Take your car along to your local Inchcape Volkswagen dealership that has been assigned the duty of being your managing dealer, and they will take care of all the necessary servicing and maintenance. Ensuring your car is always roadworthy will be of no concern to you, as each service usually includes checking the following:
- Engine cooling system
- Engine oil
- Tyre tread
- Tyre pressure
- Windscreen washer fluid
Breakdown assistance and cover provided by RAC Motability Assist
It’s not something that we want to think about, but breakdowns do happen. Fortunately, every car on the Motability scheme is covered for breakdown assistance and cover provided by RAC Motability Assist for the entire duration of the lease — perfect for when a journey comes to an unexpected halt.
In circumstances when the cause of the breakdown is such that the car is judged as not being fit to drive, a car will be provided by RAC Motability Assist for you to use for up to 48 hours before a discussion is started about your next options.
Ready to get on board the Motability scheme? Take your first step today by either arranging your Volkswagen Motability Application or contacting your local Inchcape Volkswagen Motability dealer.